One of the problems faced in early childhood education is the activity of teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic. This study aims to produce a game-based learning model to improve readiness to read, write and count according to the characteristics and tasks of child development. The development of this model uses the Research and Development (R&D) method, which is simplified in three stages of research, namely: (1) a preliminary study, (2) model development, and (3) Model validation test. The results of the study: (1) Learning to read, write, and count in early childhood carried out so far is carried out conventionally and uses an academic approach, which emphasizes individual written training activities. (2) The resulting model is the Integrated Learning Model Based on the Spider Web (PT-PKJL) Game. guidance, reinforcement, and the final activity, namely reflection, conclusions, serialized stories, and joint prayers. (3) The PT-PKJL model has been proven to be significantly more effective in increasing readiness to read, write and count early childhood compared to the learning model that has been used so far. The strengths of the PT-PKJL model include: (1) it is easy to do, takes place naturally, (2) it makes planning easier, and (3) it can utilize the surrounding environment as a source of learning. Weaknesses include: (1) difficulty in determining themes that are appropriate to the task of child development, (2) authentic and portfolio evaluations require complex energy, time and equipment, (3) giving the impression that children are only invited to play. Research findings show that The PT-PKJL model is relevant to the characteristics of children, can be applied in the learning process, and has a significant level of effectiveness in helping children achieve readiness to read, write and count.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Aisyah, S.(2010). Pembelajaran Terpadu.Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka.
- Albreht, Kay dan Linda G. Miller. (2000). The Comprehensif Infant Curriculum. Beltsville MD: Gryphon House,Inc.
- Azizah. (2011). Implementasi Pembelajaran Terpadu. Tersedia di http://azizahpull.wordpress.com/[26 September 2011]
- Beane A. James (editor). (1995). Toward a Coherent Curriculum Alexandria,Virginia.ASCD. Borg, W.R. dan Gall, M.D. (1979). Educational Research: An Introduction (third ed,). New York: Logman.
- Gall, M.D., Gall, J.P., dan Borg, W.R. (2003). Educational Research: An Introduction (Sevent ed.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Gardner, H. (2003). Multiple Intelligences, The Theory in Practice A Reader, New York: Basic Books.
- Gay, L.R, et al. (2008). Educational Research: Competencies for Analysis and Aplication (Ford ed.). New York : Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Hughes, F. P. (1995). Children, Play & Development. Boston: Allyn & Bacon
- Hurlock, E. B., (2010). Psikologi Perkembangan (Suatu Pendekatan Sepanjang Rentang Kehidupan), edisi kelima. Jakarta: Penerbit Erlangga.
- _____________ (2011). Perkembangan Anak. Jakarta: Erlangga.